Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teacher wont let me use my new CC horn!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cliff on August 16, 2001 at 11:54:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teacher wont let me use my new CC horn!! posted by Tony Clements on August 16, 2001 at 11:13:09:

Tony, I definetly think the kid should be given the chance to play his horn. I've not stated otherwise. My post was dealing with approach. I'll recap, the student should approach the director carefully (believe it or not teen-agers can come across as less than respectful). Notice I said 'come across as..' I have found that teenagers sometimes sound snotty and dis-respectful, and they reaaly don't mean it that way. Adults, same thing. I have not touted the value of one key tuba over another for a particular situation (double-check my post). I think some other posters have stated that the real issue is not the key of the tuba, or some 'horn-envy' thing, and I agree. If the student APPROACHES this issue correctly, it can be a win-win. Give it time and communicate with the BD. Should the director have made it an issue? NO... But he did.
BTW, I just lost a great,young tuba player to a neighboring county today. The family moved, it happens but it stills bums me a little

Cliff

Follow Ups: