Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teacher wont let me use my new CC horn!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on August 16, 2001 at 22:36:28:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Teacher wont let me use my new CC horn!! posted by Klaus on August 16, 2001 at 21:19:24:

Let's say a teacher can defy what is right, and I think we will agree. But who is qualified to determine what is right in this situation? Perhaps the director is not--we don't know for sure but we are suspicious. Certainly not the principal (headmaster), and the principal will certainly not grant those qualifications to the student. Therefore, some other acknowledged and credible adult expert must be brought into the picture--somebody whose expertise will be respected by both the director and, if necessary, the principal. That's where the student's parents and private teacher come in.

It has been wisely said that the director may be wrong, but he is still the director, and the non-musical school hierarchy will back him up in a confrontation with a student, however gifted. Confrontations are fatal for the student.

Rick "hoping only for the success of the student, and not interested in hot air balloons" Denney

Follow Ups: