Re: Louisville Orchestra

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by My story on August 16, 2001 at 23:38:36:

In Reply to: Louisville Orchestra posted by Scott Robertson on August 16, 2001 at 18:06:00:

It appears that the sent out an application to all that sent in resumes. Then they got together and looked at resumes and invited and declined. I personally got a decline, so of course I called right away. I got the voicemail of the woman that is out of town, and called who she said to call. Nice guy I talked to, and he said I have the right to audition anyways, and he is going to try to find a spot for me, i believe. I asked what they were looking for, and he told me they looked for professional experience from players in orchestras LO size and bigger. I am sure this is not all they considered, but this is all he told me. I asked how many they invited, and he told me 67. I am a little confused where he found 67 tuba players in orchestras LO size or bigger. I am sure he meant to say DC bands, also. Anyways, I didnt think thre were even 67 full time professional tuba players in exsistance, so I have to search my own demons to figure out why I was not invited. I hope I actually get to do this one!. Best wishes. Tony

BTW, i dont see anything fishy here. all auditions seem to have their own process.

Follow Ups: