Re: Very Disturbed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on August 18, 2001 at 13:51:46:

In Reply to: Very Disturbed posted by Anon for Now on August 18, 2001 at 11:59:49:

This is true but these days I feel goes beyond the tuba. In another life, I do PC consulting.

Let's face it, a computer is just a piece of metal, it has no brains - someone has to tell it what to do. Where have we heard this before? Yep, Mr Jacobs always said that and many times we got into a discussion about computers. Not knowing anything about them, he thought of a computer like a refrigerator (hardware) until I gave him his first computer lesson and he learned about software - he then thought differently.

Our younger members are of the computer generation and many are hardware orintated. Need more speed? You can either get a faster computer (a hardware solution) or clean the bloated software and defrag the drive (a software solution). I have a client that I have been working with for years. At first their kids wanted a new computer every time something faster came out. The parents had more money than brains and bought them a new box every six months! Finally, as the kids got older and learned more about software this has slowed down - they have had the same computer for two years!

Maybe this transfers to the tuba and is something that you grow out of. Let's face it, you can have the best equipment in the world but if you don't know how to feed the proper signal to it, it gonna sound like crap no matter how much money you spend!

Follow Ups: