Re: In light of the "Very Disturbed" post...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Heartwarming Audition Story on August 18, 2001 at 16:37:04:

In Reply to: In light of the "Very Disturbed" post... posted by Devin on August 18, 2001 at 15:51:37:

Back in the early nineties, there was an audition for the San Antonio Symphony. My good buddy Mike Dunn and I were both living in DC at the time and were taking the audition, so we decided to save a few nickels and share a room at the "prescribed audition hotel". We flew down together, shared a cab to the hotel and checked in.

Upon arriving at the room, Mike said he had some calls to make and if I wanted to practice first, that would be fine. I said that would be swell, so away he went. I didn't feel too badly about playing in the hotel because it was the one recommended by the Symphony and I could hear other people playing. I pulled out my horns, caught a warm-up and blew through the list.

About an hour later, I hear a knock at the door. I answer the door, and it's Mike. I asked him if he forgot his key, but he just shook his head, smiled and pointed at his feet. On the floor there was a paper towel with a hefty pile of human feces on it with a note that stated " Your tuba playing is for sh**!" Knowing Mike's sense of humor, I asked him if he went to all that trouble, but he swears up and down on a stack of Bibles that he didn't do it.

I picked up my little love note and put it in the toilet. This is when we learned our toilet didn't flush. So for the next four hours, I was reminded that "my tuba playing was for sh**"

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, it was a fine trip to San Antonio!

If I were a soprano, a trumpet player, or a flutist I wouldn't be surprised by this little episode. Seemed a little atypical coming from a tubist! My hat is off to the pooper for a highly effective psych job!

Still makes me chuckle...wonder if it's too late for a DNA test?! :)

Follow Ups: