Re: Very Disturbed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by anon on August 18, 2001 at 18:11:15:

In Reply to: Very Disturbed posted by Anon for Now on August 18, 2001 at 11:59:49:

my quote in the Louisville thread seems to have been taken a little out of context. My 'laughable equipment' is not the reason I won't be going to the audition... the only reason is finances. (Well, that and the fact that they sent me a rejection letter after having sent me an acceptance letter). I sent in an audition CD as a learning experience, not expecting anything to come from it. Most of it played on a 4/4 BBb tuba, some on my 3/4 CC tuba(the only tuba I actually own), and a little on a Besson 981 that is not mine. If I could even afford a greyhound ticket to Louisville, I'd go in a heartbeat, but the sad truth is that I'm living from paycheck to paycheck right now barely able to support myself, and getting ready to mix 18 credit hours of classes into my hectic 40 hour work week.

I won't be making it to the Louisville audition, but I also won't give up hope on eventually getting a gig. I've worked hard for the last few years after having, at one point, all but given up on the tuba, and I feel a huge sense of accomplishment being where I am now. Admitedly, I'd love to somehow make the Louisville audition, and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't fantasized about actually winning it.. but I won't lose any sleep over not being able to make it. I'm young, and have a long career ahead of me. If I've "got the stuff", I'll "get the gig". If not, I'll still be happy working a computer job, and playing in a half dozen amateur groups.

Best of luck to everyone going to Louisville.

Follow Ups: