Re: PT6 on Brasswind's website (used)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by played it I did on August 20, 2001 at 09:15:13:

In Reply to: PT6 on Brasswind's website (used) posted by OverlyLoudPlayer on August 19, 2001 at 13:50:04:

I played that horn for a month around April and May. It is ten years old came off the line for testing on around the first of April 1991. It was all handmade before the PT6's were produced on production equipment. It is a differant horn than a new PT6. It has old style linkage and a large leadpipe a new PT6 has a smaller leadpipe. There are some other slight differances in the production processes which changed the new PT6's alittle. This horn is mouthpiece sensitive and a new PT is not. To me this horn doesn't project as well as a new PT6. Low notes take a little effort because of the leadpipe. E and F at the bottom of the staff are a little fuzzy to me but the upper register sings on this horn very easy through E above the staff. This horn dosen't have the same etching on the bell as a new PT it has (high professional). The horn wasn't for me but a friend of mine really though it was a good horn. You might like it, I would rather have a new PT6 but it is twice the money. Call brasswind have them send it to you to try it really might be for you.

Follow Ups: