Beelzebub

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Shoop on August 21, 2001 at 20:16:35:

I sent a query to Carl Fischer Music, Inc. about the composer- A. Catozzi, and arranger of the renditon for tuba and piano- Julius Seredy. To follow is the response I received by email yesterday:

A check of our files has not turned up and information on A. Catozzi the author of Beelzebub. Julius Seredy was a "nom de plume" of J.R. Price and longtime employee of Carl Fischer who did many arrangements under the name of Julius Seredy and others. We know he was born in 1874 in Hungary, but I have not been able to come up with a date of death. I can determine it was before 1980 when our Carl Fischer Band Heritage was published. The entry for Seredy in that catalog reads as follows:" Julius Seredy was born in 1874 inVexzprem, Hungary, and was trained as a violinist frm the age of four. At the turn of the century, having become an accomplished performer, he settled in New York with his young bride, herself a brilliant pianist. Soon after his arrival he founded "Seredy's Hungarian Orchestra" which delighted audiences during the early 1900s. He later devoted himself to music arranging, and joined the Carl Fischer editorial staff, a position he held until his death." I hope this information is of some use to you.

In addition to previous postings- now in the Tubenet archives, does anyone have additional information?

Follow Ups: