Re: Re: Re: DO monsterweights work??????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark F. on August 22, 2001 at 00:24:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: DO monsterweights work?????? posted by John Szkutko on August 21, 2001 at 23:54:23:

Richard is kind enough to have put them on his Conn 56J for testing and evaluation, as I actually do not own a piston valve tuba, but have made a set for my Besson euphonium. Interesting enough, the same caps work on his new king 2341, and his King euphonium.
No, I haven't gotten them ready to sell yet. I lucked onto an extra set of bottom caps for a conn tuba, and am trying to work with suppliers to find out if I can offer a selection of caps for different brands, with the original manufactures caps already attached to the monsterweights. piston caps are much more complicated to make than the rotary caps, because of the dozens of different shapes and contours of the botton caps themselves.
Another interesting thing that Richard talked about is how, at least on Conn tubas, that more than 2 caps hurts the horns, that is NOT the case with rotary horns, where 4 heavy caps seem to be best solution to improve projection, clarity, and tone.
Alan, I know you asked me not to post, but I felt I had to answer John's question, I know you understand, and I would love to talk with you about you 186.

Thanks,
Mark

Follow Ups: