Re: Willson 2975 euph?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt G (addendum) on August 23, 2001 at 21:29:10:

In Reply to: Willson 2975 euph? posted by Matt G on August 23, 2001 at 16:45:52:

To clear up any confusion:
I mainly play tuba, so I am very interested in the "blow" of this horn, i.e. does it get stuffy in the bottom end or does it stay fairly open. Also, I don't own any euph at all, I have used a YEP-321 to much success, but if I'm going to shell out the bucks, I want a GOOD euphonium, considering I'm not the biggest fan of the euphonium to begin with. I know to expect some of the compensating backpressure, but is this horn any more open? I really do like the things that Chuck G. point out about the tuning slide placement. If this horn is all it is cracked up to be, it could be an interesting alternative in quintet in some of the lighter sounding material even oppossed to an F tuba. I am getting to the age where I don't want to fool around with a lot of horns (especially) to find a good one, so that is why I am being so euphonium critical! To bad those euph. players out there can't see the light and use front action horns like this to help create a market segment with some competition for this idea for a horn.

Matt G

Thanks for your comments!

Follow Ups: