Re: German F theories

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on August 29, 2001 at 00:23:54:

In Reply to: German F theories posted by Matt G on August 28, 2001 at 13:07:57:

I think that agree with your post, except that considering how much larger the market is in the U.S. for the German-made stuff, I wonder if there are enough of those nasty Krauts to buy up all of the "good ones". Admittedly, Richard Nahatski picked out my B.& S. - back when he had to cross the IRON CURTAIN (95% of the people reading this have no idea that that is.) to get it. On the other hand, he told me that the B. & S. F that he got for me played very well, but still did not compare to his Alex (which, if I had to play would force me into retirement). My B.& S. (terribly luckily) ended up being extraordinary. I've played one or two others about as good. A close-by university owns a B.& S. F that (as is the lovely word that I like to quote from an ex-patriot) STINKS (as some seem to).

I think that Europe, Japan, and the U.S. all get their share of stinky and outstanding German-made F tubas, and that some people get used to their playing quirks, others don't, and some end up with such stinky ones that not even 6.33 oz. caps could remedy them.

Follow Ups: