Custom 29mm med deep gold BassBone mp FS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marty Neilan on August 06, 2002 at 21:36:35:

This is a custom made extra wide inside cup diameter (29mm) bass trombone mouthpiece. The rim is wider than the razor thin rim of a Bach 1 (ouch!) and more comfortable. The cup itself is only medium deep, shallower than a Bach 1 or Schilke 59 depth. The upper half of the cup is a C shape and the lower portion is more of a V shape. The throat is a reasonable 9/32" (.281" or 7.14 mm).

I had this mouthpiece custom made by the Giardinelli mouthpiece shop in New York City in the late 80's to solve a specific problem at the time - All large diameter bass trombone mouthpieces had super deep cups and the corresponding ultra dark sound with blah high register. Although this mouthpiece has as large a diameter as you could possibly want in a bass bone mouthpiece without going into tuba turf, the modest cup and backbore give a brighter sound and a clearer upper register than a Bach 1 or Schilke 60. I used this mouthpiece with big band style jazz bands for several years.

The gold plating and rim are in good condition for its age with only slight wear and no serious nicks. I am asking a firm $44.00, which includes priority shipping throughout the continental United States.

email me at martyneilan(AT)yahoo.com

Follow Ups: