Re: So I bought the CC Tuba - What now?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on August 09, 2002 at 07:51:30:

In Reply to: So I bought the CC Tuba - What now? posted by AmanGarner on August 08, 2002 at 22:01:58:

Unless she's going to pursue music as a career, she doesn't need to have a CC tuba. In fact, if she's going to march, a CC tuba might actually be a hindrance to her, causing her to have to know two different sets of fingerings. This might take the joy out of music for her because keeping that many fingerings straight can be a lot of work for some folks. She may not be willing to invest that much time. If you want to find out just how serious she is/isn't about music, tell her that you intend to sell the horn now and she how she reacts.

The good news is that you purchased a very fine tuba. This make will have a very good resale value, should you ultimately decide to sell the horn. Others have suggested that you might consider selling the CC and buying her a good BBb. I think that's excellent advice because you can probably sell your CC for more than you would pay for a really good new BBb tuba and still have some money left over. The BBb might also fit her current needs better. Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: