Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bydlo...out of curiosity

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on August 13, 2002 at 12:03:26:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bydlo...out of curiosity posted by P.C. on August 12, 2002 at 23:41:10:

The only reason one key is more comfortable than another is the amount of practice put forth.

We have come to expect diffences out of the different keys of instruments that, in reality, don't exist. If one thinks a CC sounds better, then it does and vice versa, same with an F versus an Eb. The only real differences are in the bore size, bell size, thickness of metal, piston, rotary, height, weight, mouthpiece used, and finish. Each of those will cause a change in the sound, but the key of a particular instrument does not make it easier to play.

As people with opinions, there will always be room for argument about the ease of playing a particular instrument. I have mine and you have yours - and I would guess they aren't the same, and that doesn't mean you are right or wrong and neither am I or anyone else.

The original question posed was the ease of playing Bydlo. There is nothing "easy" about playing Bydlo. It takes practice to be able to go from C# up to G# no matter what instrument you choose. I have had CC's that were easier than F's, and the other way around as well, but the same criteria existed -- practice, practice, practice. Think a euphonium is easier? The leap is the same and so is the practicing. The sound is just different.

Follow Ups: