Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations, Mason D.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Josh on August 13, 2002 at 22:13:50:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations, Mason D. posted by Why? on August 13, 2002 at 16:02:39:

I'm going to post this at the risk of being .... well.... whatever.... replied to if you will.... but hey, the guy performed. The guy won. The guy practiced his butt off, not only on his selected piece but with a corps that did really well this year. I don't know about Mason's official score, but I know last year the guy from Blue Stars won with an 98.00 (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm going off his score (I'm sure Mason's was somewhere in there)-- I know I've never had a solo 98% perfect.

The guy probably has been playing on burnt chops, blown chops, and top it all off, he's been carrying a 30 pound contra for 60 days.

In all actuality, we shouldn't be rippin' on one another. When it all is said and done, we're all tuba players, we all perform and we should all be striving to be the best we can be. Does it matter what we do with out talents if we're accomplishing that?

Maybe I'm wrong. Forgive me if this causes a fuss. Congrats Mason and to the friend that posted the original and anyone that supports Mason and his performance, I'm sure that He really appreciates it!

JD

Follow Ups: