Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bflat trumpet to BBflat Tuba?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MA on August 15, 2002 at 17:45:13:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bflat trumpet to BBflat Tuba? posted by Rick Denney on August 14, 2002 at 21:39:01:

Each new clef is a new process of memorizing the relationships so that they don't have to be derived on the fly. I hate music written in divisi lines where the lower part fills densely packed ledger lines, because I lose track of where I am in the clef if I'm playing the upper part.
-------
If I'm reading this correctly, it describes what you do that is different from what I do. I don't memorize relationships....I memorize each rotten little note on the staff, by pitch. I get the relationship by what the pitches are, and not by their position on the staff. B up to E is always a perfect 4th, no matter how it is written. Is that the same or different from what you do?

I understand what you say by losing track of where you are in the clef....but couldn't you reference the top line instead of the bottom line, when you are on the top part in a divisi?

You are correct, my reading skills are way above my tuba skills. It comes from playing violin, with the zillions of notes that fly by in milliseconds.
MA

Follow Ups: