Re: Re: Re: Getzen G50

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lew on August 16, 2002 at 14:30:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Getzen G50 posted by Ed on August 16, 2002 at 11:34:08:

I bought my King 2341 from Dillon Music about 6 months ago. When I bought it they had 6 of them in the shop to try out. I tried them out by first playing a half note 3 octave Eb scale. I listened for a sound that I wanted and checked how each note spoke on initial attack. Make sure to pause slightly between each note to be able to gauge the initial attack. I also had Matt sit across the room and listen to give me his impression of what sounded best. I quickly narrowed my choice down to 3 horns that had the best response for me. I then tried other scales and exerpts on each of them until I decided on the one that I was most comfortable with and which had the best sound.

Matt was very helpful in helping me make a selection and in suggesting how to play test the horns. I suggest calling ahead and checking on how many they have in stock and verifying Matt's schedule before going. If you schedule a time to try out horns he will have them ready for you when you get there and can block out time. Also, although I love my King, you should try out the other BBbs that they may have at the time. They usually have a few Conn 5Js, VMI 3301 or 3302s, Miraphones, Cervenys, Yamahas, and a bunch of used horns. You never know what will end up calling to you.

Follow Ups: