Six suites for solo cello in pdf

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brandon Ostrom on August 16, 2002 at 23:00:05:

I have the complete Six suites for solo cello by Bach (Anna Magdalena Bach's version) in pdf which I downloaded from the Wernier Icking Gmd archive website. These suites are emencely beautiful pieces of music which have basically served as the foundation of my music studies thus far.
I have heard Anna's version differs greatly from the many versions of the suites out there. It has been suggested to me by my teacher that I should look into these other versions in order to broaden my approach to the suites. I've been able to aquire bits and pieces from various people who have redone the suites in their own fashion, but im really looking for a complete copy. Does anyone know where I could obtain different versions of this complete work online in pdf form?

Some of the other verions are known by their transcriber : "Johann Peter Kellner", "Johann Christoph Westphal", and "Pierre Norblin."

If anyone can help me with this that would be fantastic. Email me if you dont feel comfortable giving out weblinks or if you yourself posses a complete copy of the suites in pdf and wish to trade.

Thank you for your time.

Follow Ups: