Reynolds Contempora Sousaphone for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Stone on August 18, 2002 at 19:48:36:

Due to college life, being broke and fighting for grades, I have come to terms of parting with a GREAT horn. I am offering this on the BBS before I put it on ebay. The sousaphone is a Reynolds Contempora of Cleveland, Ohio. It has a Satin Silver Finish with gold lacqured front bell. It has a 25 1/4 inch bell. It is fairly heavy and made like wise. The serial number is 62459 for those of you looking for a date. I am the second owner of this sousaphone. I have had it cleaned and the valves realligned by Mike Webb of Funk's Music Service of Olathe, KS. He has also given me an estimate of value for the horn. The lead pipe has been replaced with a new one and there is no case for this horn. The condition of the horn is in very good shape. There are only very minor dings and bruises that have just come from use and age. This sousaphone has one of the most beautiful sounds that I have ever heard from a sousaphone, which at the last minute due to time restraints, I had to decide not to use it for a duet on my Senior Recital. (Dueling Tubas) I really hate to part with it but I need to. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me at twobaplyr(AT)ponyexpress.net or call me at 816-351-0996. I also have several pictures of the horn in jpeg format.

Follow Ups: