Re: 5/4 Bohm&Meinl CC for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js on August 21, 2002 at 21:52:23:

In Reply to: 5/4 Bohm&Meinl CC for sale posted by Matt F on August 21, 2002 at 18:24:27:

I don't know what caused the auction site to disallow your listing, but perhaps the incorrect email link was a contributing factor.

I was the lone bidder on your tuba at your opening bid price. It may be well worth your asking price, but many tend to shy away from unknowns. I have a pile-o-parts and will finish "construction" on a very similar instrument this winter (finally). Not being able to directly communicate with potential buyers surely was the main problem and the unknown playing characteristics is probably the other main factor. Almost everyone who is in the process of selling a tuba talks up its playing characteristics to the point that when a truly remarkable instrument (perhaps yours) comes along, the words mean nothing. You might consider sending it back to Matt Dillo...uhhh, I mean MATT WALTERS ;^) to put it out there "in 3D" for potential buyers. Tell me, is the 6th partial (g in the staff) a bit sharp on this instrument? If you were within 200 miles of me, I would love to come take a curious look, but alas.

Follow Ups: