Re: Re: Besson Vs Meinl Weston EUPHS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on August 24, 2002 at 23:47:04:

In Reply to: Re: Besson Vs Meinl Weston EUPHS posted by John S. on August 24, 2002 at 21:41:34:

Joe!

With your lightweight brain and 7/22 personality you are best served with lightweight instruments.

Of course this is an ugly inside joke (hereby excused for!), but from your choices of horns and mpieces, I am fairly sure about which type of player you are.

You are are a muscularly strong player with a very high level of control over your playing requisites. Allowing you to choose smaller bored equipment without getting "stuck" into it and without overblowing it.

Minor minds and bodies, like myself, have fewer muscles and lesser levels of control. Which dictates us to go for instruments with a larger bore. For less resistance. And with heavier tubing. To withstand the abuse of our airstreams.

As a bassboner I demand my euph to be able to play in the same range with a high level of pitch control (comp + main tuning slide trigger). Giving positive side effects: the rigidity of the structure allows me to shovel whatever amount of air into my YEP641 without making it break up.

Both of us have posted positively on the Weril 4 valve non-comp euph. My single reservation was, that it had a bit of a high pitch edge to its sound. I ascribe this to the lightness of its structure.

Klaus

Follow Ups: