Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dent eraser follow-up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Besides... on August 26, 2002 at 18:54:51:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: dent eraser follow-up posted by js on August 26, 2002 at 11:23:36:

When a pro goofs things up, he's got the tools to put things right. (How's your stock of burnishers, Joe?). If the amachoor messes his horn up, then it gets expensive to put it right.

OTOH, borrowing one of these things and toying with a $20 piece-o-junk-picked-up-out-of-a-dumpster could be lots of fun.

The stories about the magnetic field being so strong that you have put all your steel tools in the next county is pure bullfeathers. A magnetic field has an inverse-square type of relationship to distance from the source. In other words, if the field is strong at one inch, it's only a quarter as strong at 2 inches, a ninth at 3 inches and 1/100 at 10 inches. If you think you're going to pull the fillings out of your granny's teeth by waving it a couple a feet from her face, you been watchin' too many cartoons.

I keep my big magnets in a large steel box lined with masonite (so I can get 'em out). No problems. I would remove my watch as a precaution before using one, though.

Follow Ups: