Re: Audition Music

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Phred on August 31, 2002 at 09:23:03:

In Reply to: Audition Music posted by Beth on August 31, 2002 at 09:04:12:

Beth,
I am in one of the army bands, so I have been through the "School of Music" that they share with the Navy and Marines. I don't think they care what you play, just play it well. Don't try to fumble your way through a passage, they will know and they will crucify you for it. Just play something you can play down in your sleep and they will bee happy. My personal advice however, is to avoid the Army. They are more concerned about paperwork and other stupid stuff. Music is about third in line of importance. If you can play trombone the Navy is a good choice in my opinion. If you are really good, the Air Force is an incredible group of musicians, and, in my opinion is the best option. But they have to have a slot and you have to play your behind off. Regardless of what you choose, check out all your options very thoroughly and ask uncomfortable questions like, "what will my secondary duties will I have and how "secondary will they be?" You can also contact bands from each service. Most of those bands can be found on the following link
http://www.forscom.army.mil/band/links.htm
good luck.

Follow Ups: