Re: What tuba to get?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on August 04, 2003 at 07:32:12:

In Reply to: What tuba to get? posted by J.D. Tolman on August 04, 2003 at 00:30:40:

I was very glad to see the VMI 2103 on your list. It matches most of what you say you're looking for. It would be my first recommendation. You're wrong about not being in a position to trial a bunch of horns. You could easily drive to Woodwind & Brasswind in South Bend, IN. While it's not a very short drive, you could easily make the trip there and back in a day. They have a ton of instruments in stock that you could choose from. While I don't know if they have the two Conn tubas on your list, I'm pretty sure they have the other three. Plus they'll have many more tubas that would do what you want that aren't on your list. Going through a laundry list of those options would be pointless because nobody but you can know which will feel best to you.

If you're going to drop $3000-$3500 of your hard earned cash, you'd be irresponsible not to take the day trip and make sure you have adequate options to choose from. It's a small price to pay for the opportunity to know first hand that you made the best choice for yourself.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: