Re: Re: Music instructional material for C tuba

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mary Ann on August 14, 2003 at 09:35:32:

In Reply to: Re: Music instructional material for C tuba posted by K on August 12, 2003 at 23:05:04:

I agree about the scales, and think argeggios should be added to the mix, in all the modes, both tongued and slurred.

In addition, if you are trying to learn new fingerings, I will repeat again the methodology that works for me, and which is very simple:

For the first stage, write out the first half of Good King Wenceslas in all keys, and get good at sight reading it (don't actually learn it, which will defeat the purpose.)

For the second stage, write out Hall of the Mountain King in all keys, and also get good at sight reading it. Once again, do not "learn" it because that defeats the purpose.
I'm doing this myself now trying to get euph fingerings going reading bass clef, for a high level band that I am trying to join and for which I find myself scrambling for fingerings when I can hear the pitches perfectly well in my head. The F tuba, CC tuba, and Bb euph fingerings are all mashed up in my head right now, and need to settle out, so H of MK is being practiced along with the scales at this point. I haven't downloaded K's scales because I already have those memorized from prior exposure to music theory.
MA

Follow Ups: