Re: Baltimore ravens band

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stefan Antwarg on August 14, 2003 at 12:39:03:

In Reply to: Baltimore ravens band posted by Temi Daramola on August 13, 2003 at 22:24:03:

As a former member of the Baltimore Colts Marching Band (same band different name), what the people below have said is correct. It is really a community marching band - that happens to get you into expensive sold out games for free. So, I think it is a good deal. I was only in it for 1 summer, so I didn't get the full benefit - but I did get to play with them at 3 rivers stadium for a Steelers Redskins pre-season game. It was really cool doing a marching band show in such a huge stadium with all those people watching. Anyway, everyone who plays in it does it because they just want to keep playing their instrument while being involved with their local football team. That's all they need. Also, the band was directly involved in trying to get a football team to Baltimore after the Colts left. My sister was in the flag line and I remember going to see them at the Baltimore Inner Harbor at a rally to get the Browns. The band really helped to excite the fans. From that picture, it looks like the band has really come a long way since I was in it.

Stefan

Follow Ups: