Re: A dearth of HB's for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seller on August 18, 2003 at 00:01:33:

In Reply to: A dearth of HB's for sale posted by Chuck Jackson on August 17, 2003 at 17:52:50:

I can only speak for myself but the reason I am selling my Hirsbrunner 4/4 is to upgrade to a Yorkbrunner. If a YB wasn't so expensive, I'd keep both. I know some guys that are aos selling their HB horns because they want a better fit for their playing. An HB is not ideal or economical if you are only playing quintet and community band gigs but if you do alot of orchestral playing, you will need such an instrument- not meaning 'go buy a Hirsbrunner, its the only good horn'... I've played many great instruments but I just happen to love mine and the sound/tone/color/intonation/flexibilty/quality/etc that I get out of mine. Its easy to play and sounds great. And for the gentleman who said that the majority don't play Hirsbrunners... go to New York and National... look around, I bet you'll see a Hirsbrunner or two... Wade had a great point, if you don't know, don't say. Many great players play Hirsbrunners but many great players also play Pts and Conn and Besson and MW horns as well. The reason why guys are selling their HB is because they have found something that fits their situation better.. not because its a Meinl Weston 2000 or whatever the 'fad' is. A person who buys a tuba to be trendy is an idiot.

My two cents...

Justin

Follow Ups: