Re: Re: Re: Re: CC and BBb

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on September 02, 2003 at 13:40:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: CC and BBb posted by jason on August 30, 2003 at 15:16:47:

The fact that you are uninformed is no great sin; you are young, and to be uninformed is a proper luxury of youth. As such, and since others have expressed my views so well, I'll not bother to comment on your notion that switching to CC is a good use of time in becoming a better musician.

I will comment, however, on this little bit of insipid nonsense:
the bashing i expected to get. if u cant read what i write, then dont read it. i think my posts are clear. if u dont understand that a "u" is for "you" and an r is for "are" or any of the other simple ways i write, than dont even bother reading anything else in ur lifetime. i use correct writing techniques when they r needed, and an informal forum is not a place that needs it.

Allow me to ask you: when you practice tuba, do you purposely use the wrong fingerings, since no one is listening? Do you intentionally play with bad intonation, since the practice room is "not a place that needs" good intonation? I suspect you do not. Similarly, any time you write you should try to write well. When you are in a forum that is NOT peopled primarily by the very young, you should also consider that you immediately discredit anything you say by expressing yourself so poorly.

I also think you've got a real ego problem. You seem to have a tough time accepting that others disagree with you. I wonder if this could be the driving force behind your insistence on using pre-teen chatroom spelling. People asked pleasantly that you use a more acceptable form of communication, but you have arrogantly refused. I don't think that speaks well of you; rather, I think it shows you to be boorish and ill-mannered, and, frankly, unworthy of further reading.

Joe Baker, who thinks that we err in expecting others to appreciate good music when we don't appreciate good writing.

Follow Ups: