Re: Eb Fingering chart

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe S. on December 26, 1999 at 15:11:53:

In Reply to: Eb Fingering chart posted by Tuba John on December 26, 1999 at 09:59:25:

On a Miraphone Eb, assuming that 5th valve is the same relative length as Miraphone's other instruments (relatively longer that 5th valves on other brands, but still the same idea), it would come into play on most of the notes below the staff between low A down to low E (with the possibly acception of low G, which might play very close to in tune with the fingering 2-3-4).

Low A: 5-1-2
Low Ab: 5-2-3

...I will abstain from listing fingerings for low Gb, F, and E (although I'm pretty sure that low E would be: 5-1-3-4) since I don't have the tuba in my hands with a mouthpiece in it. I don't want to "screw up" and tell you wrong.

If you borrow someone's high-quality tuner for a day or two (one that can "hear" low notes without becoming "confused"), you should be able to "wig out" those fingerings on your own.

There is also one note, E natural JUST below the staff, that might be helped by the 5th valve, but the likelyhood is that this particular E is best in tune with just the regular "4-valve" (2-4) fingering.

Follow Ups: