Re: Re: 6/4 holton on ebay

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Phelps on December 27, 1999 at 02:48:51:

In Reply to: Re: 6/4 holton on ebay posted by Dale on December 24, 1999 at 11:44:37:

After clearing up my lil e-bay difficulties, I've corresponded a bit with the seller of this old Holton, says he's had the horn for about 6 years. Bought from a fellow in Cincinnati, it had been cut to CC by Bob Rusk, who much more recently added the long one fifth valve and a smaller leadpipe. Seller says the valves are original Holton and in great shape. Here's a quote for additional consideration :
"As far as funny notes go I have not played the horn in about two years so I can't seem to remember if there were to many funny notes. I know for sure that some notes using first and second valve required some adjustments of the upper slides, but these were only minor. I also seem to remember some of the very low register, below low G, used a combination of the fifth valve for better intonation."

Make your own judgements. Correspond with the guy. Could well be a dynamite horn and I bet if it sells it'll go for a good price, but negotiate a trial period with the seller before you bid. The link is to a page he put some pics on (mighty tiny fotos if you ask me but what the heck still better than none)

Follow Ups: