Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brass tech in Dallas Area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on December 30, 1999 at 11:25:18:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Brass tech in Dallas Area posted by Michael Russo on December 30, 1999 at 08:57:50:

Thanks, Mike, this sounds like what I'm thinking of. No offense, Jay, but I'd be OCD checking the location of the slide after every adjustment, and I'd also have trouble remembering where it's supposed to be 'this time'. I barely have enough brain power to handle all the technical things I do NOW and still be musical! My hat's off to you for being able to do this.

I can envision how this gadget would work, and I've got the skill necessary to fabricate the thing, but attaching it to the tubes is where I REALLY need help. I'm just not very good with a torch. I guess I could use duct tape! Actually, I might use electrical tape just temporarily, to make sure it works right. I don't know what the adhesive will do to the lacquer, but it can't be worse than some of the things that have already been done to it!

BTW, was the horn you saw this on a 621? The configuration of the 103 is very similar. If it was the 621, I'd be interested to know where he attached the ends of the stick. There are several possibilities, but I'm a little concerned about creating nodes.

Follow Ups: