Re: High School Programs in Michigan

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt A. on December 05, 2000 at 21:04:29:

In Reply to: High School Programs in Michigan posted by Rick Denney on December 05, 2000 at 13:22:53:

Being someone who just recently graduated from a Michigan high school, I would recommend any high school in the Farmington Public School district, if you are looking for a public school. This district, along with one other district in, ironically, Texas, have been recognized as the best public school music departments in the country, according to a promenant national report, last year. All three schools have brand new state-of-the-art music facilities. I graduated from that district, and I would recommend North Farmington High School, of the three high schools. It has the best, most caring, and knowledgable directors in the district, with the most programs, including an amazing percussion ensemble that played at PASIC, ensembles that all get straight 1's in district, state, and national festivals, and a great Tuba/Euphonium ensemble that I, direct. (shameless plug) I find, on the college level, that I am lightyears ahead of most other people in my classes because of the knowledge that I received from this school and its' directors. If you have any questions, please e-mail me. If Farmington Hills is too far to travel, I could speak to the bassoon professor at my college and see what schools he recommends.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Follow Ups: