Re: OK,If Matt Walters can gripe, we can too

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on December 06, 2000 at 11:52:39:

In Reply to: OK,If Matt Walters can gripe, we can too posted by vendor on December 06, 2000 at 02:11:53:

A very interesting point. I personally check my credit card statement each month. I suggest everyone do that. If you report any fraud, you are supposedly only liable for $50. Debit cards can leave you resposible for all amounts UNTIL you report the card stolen, etc. Also people buying a tuba on a debit card should remember that, regardless of the funds you may have available, you are only allowed to withdraw so much per day. A tuba purchase usually exceeds the banks allowable amount. Those are reasons why I choose not to have a debit card.
At some point a person who chooses to interact with humanity will have to yield at least a limited trust to others. I don't wish to go back to the days of carrying a bag with gold coins for all transactions. It's lot easier to buy a tuba with a credit card number. You will also have an advocate in the credit card company should the product not be as advertised. Some cards will double manufacturers warranties, etc. Break is over so back to work. These were my personal opinions on this barely TUBA subject. Matt

Follow Ups: