Re: Air and Bourree tempo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matthew Smith on December 10, 2000 at 15:01:50:

In Reply to: Air and Bourree tempo posted by Rob T on December 09, 2000 at 18:52:53:

This is very ironic!

Tomorrow (Monday) is the big day of juries here at the Wheaton Conservatory. Oddly enough, I'm playing "Air and Bourée" as my main piece! Throughout this entire time, I've had different people sharing different opinions with me about the tempo of this piece. Although I've been taking it at a very comfortable speed, I've been told by a couple of people that it should go faster. Everything has seemed to slowly fall into place recently, though. I was sitting at "the table" in the Conserv when I heard a violinist practicing Bach's Second Violin Sonata (Bourée). That gave me a great example of the tempo! Now, I notice this post exactly 24 hours before my jury! I've come to find out that I'm playing it at the average tempo that most people have been agreeing on!

This is fantastic!

Rob, thanks for inquiring and good luck with the solo! I'm glad you made this post! I never even thought about asking here! Also, thanks to everyone who posted!

Follow Ups: