Re: need some insperation in seatle (WA)area

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gus Pratt on December 21, 2000 at 05:02:00:

In Reply to: need some insperation in seatle (WA)area posted by DJ on December 20, 2000 at 05:48:15:

DJ,

You've got several options availabe to you. During the summer Port Townsend has their summer concert band. One of the directors of the local schools should know someone who is in charge of tha summer band, and they should be able to put you in contact with one of the tuba players.

Poulsbo has a local community band that practices once a week. Their director is Jas Linford, a tuba player. I don't know his number but you can use one of the online directories to find it. He lives on Bainbridge Island.

Olympic College in Bremerton has a music program and probably has a tuba instructor. When I attended there 10 years ago they brought up the instructor from Pacific Lutheran University to provide me with lessons. Whether they have students taking lessons this year or not, I don't know.

If you want to take a ferry ride to Victoria you have access to hear Eugene Dowling quite often. He's the instructor at the university in Victoria, and is a phenominal player. He occassional gives recitals or plays with some of the faculty groups.

Follow Ups: