Taylor Music in S.D.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark R. on December 21, 2000 at 20:04:17:

Howdy Folks! My earlier post re:Conn 34j was succesful beyond my wildest dreams.
After weeks of fruitless searching online and on the phone locally, You helped me find
exactly what I was looking for (AT)Taylor Music in S.D. The question I have now is:
What are your (collective) experiences w/ Taylor's? Matt at Dillon's (Who,apparently
is VERY well regarded in the Tuba community) says they are good people. Which I thought
was nice. Even though he didn't have what I was looking for at the moment, he spent
a lot of his time w/me answering my questions.Ithought that was very cool of him.
Anyway, Taylor's has the horn I want(Conn 34j)But they have a policy of not selling used
horns as is. I realize that for customer satisfaction it's a good idea to go through
an old horn, but I am curious to know what is and is not done,and how it will
affect the tone and playability of the horn. Also how will re-lacquering affect the
appearance.Any one w/ any dealings w/ used horns from Taylor's,or any other info.
PLEASE post or e-mail me.$2700 may not seem like a lot of money, but to me it means
credit card flaming and mac and cheese!lol..... Thanks to all,
Mark

Follow Ups: