Mid West

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charlie Krause on December 25, 2000 at 19:17:49:

For all of you that did not come. You missed a good convention but not the bad cold weather. Weather sucked. When I left Friday morning it was -10, yes minus and the wind was blowing like 30 to 40. Pipes frooze at Midway and there was no water at 10:30 am. Chicago it is.
New tubas- Besson 985 CC- very nice and accomplished with Pat Sheridan and Walter Nerschel. Yeah Guys. Tuba was great and deliveries to be in approximately 6 months.

King has come out with a compact(34" tall) 2341fixed upright bell(replacing the old 2341 with up and forward bells) with the Conn 56J bell and it is killer. One of the nicest surprises at the show. Deliveries as a 2341 in 4 months. The tuba is the same heigth as the 56K. Very nice and killer sound, great clarity and very even in all registers and easy to play in all registers.
I talked to them and they are coming out with a version that will replace this one with the larger bore and valve section like the 56 and will be a Conn BBb and I have asked them to have it with the replaceable valve section and also available in 5 valves. Yeah King/Conn. Way cool to have a nice great BBb tuba made in America back. All models will be available in all finishes. The 2341 fixed available like I said in about 4 months. Orders are going in when i get back.
Concerts and clinics good as always with Pat Sheridan and Marty Erickson doing a great job.
Markus Theinert did one as well on Wed. morning. He is a tuba clinician from Miraphone and will be doing clinics in conjunction with and sponsored by Brook Mays and Miraphone on Feb 12 at TCU in Ft Worth at 8:30a.m., Contact Richard Murrow or me at work. Markus will be doing another that night at 7 p.m. at North Texas in Denton and you can contact Don Little, Brian Bowman or me for details. Both clinics are free and open to all tuba and euphonium players anywhere in the Dallas Ft Worth area on that day.
Next two stops will be Jan 15th at Tampa Florida for FMEA and then end of Jan. at DC and then onto TMEA in San Antonio Feb 13th for TMEA.
It's just wonderful to be in this business and have so much going on.
Damn I love my job.
Call me if you have any questions. I'll be back at my desk Wednesday morning bright and early.
AS ALWAYS
Charlie Krause
1-866-292-0847
www.tubastore.com

Follow Ups: