Re: Speaking of CC's....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Big Steve on December 03, 2001 at 23:55:33:

In Reply to: Speaking of CC's.... posted by Joshua Cutchin on December 03, 2001 at 19:40:06:

Hey man! This is Steven Johnson from CYWE and All-District/State. Looking foward to seeing you at the auditions coming up. Anyway, about CC's... I've been playing a CC for about a month now, and I have found so many advantages and disadvantages about em. Sound quality is definetely different: the sound of CC to me sounds much more compact and cleaner than BBb's. BBb's have a more open, darker tone. But in my case, my CC is a 5/4 and my old BBb was 4/4, and the overall sound of my CC has much more advantages than my old BBb. Key signatures can be both advantages or disadvantages on both. Band literature is mainly wrote in flat keys (advantage for BBb, not for CC), while orchestra is written in a lot of sharp keys (advantage for CC, not for BBb). I find myself having trouble with using a CC with band. Especially when I get key signatures like Db and Gb. I hope this helps you out somewhat. I hope this followup doesn't start another "CC vs. BBb" war.

Follow Ups: