Re: Re: Looking for "the perfect" ___________

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on December 04, 2001 at 15:34:49:

In Reply to: Re: Looking for "the perfect" ___________ posted by wil on December 04, 2001 at 13:48:36:

The problem is that asking what is the 'perfect tuba' or the 'perfect mouthpiece' is like asking what is the 'perfect shoe size'. There ain't no such animal! How can we agree on the perfect setup when we can't even agree on what constitutes the perfect sound?!

When people narrow things down a little, like "I'm using a Fartzenblatz 26G mouthpiece in my Splorkmaster DDb. I'm looking for a mouthpiece with a similar rim and cup, but a more Germanic sound", then there may be someone who can help them.

If the question were even "if you were going to be stranded on a desert island with an orchestra, a tejano band and brass quintet, but could only bring one horn and one mouthpiece, what would it be?", at least it's asking for varied preferences, not a concensus about which one is 'the perfect one'.

Joe Baker, who finds himself agreeing with Dale more and more these days. And is a little worried about that.

Follow Ups: