Re: Re: Re: Conn 56J - laquer finish for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. I. Wantatuba on December 06, 2001 at 22:55:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Conn 56J - laquer finish for sale posted by Joe 'non-anon' S. on December 05, 2001 at 23:14:07:

Okay, Joe, I've contacted him/her as suggested. But I disagree that it's understandable that someone wouldn't want to post PRICE. The only two things that matter when something is for sale is WHAT (including the details of features/function/condition, etc) and HOW MUCH(including financing deals and/or misc bonus offerings). NOT to post half of the critical information is ridiculous, IMO, and wastes everybody's time unnecessarily. [Sorry for the rant, but it really is impolite IMO not to provide basic information when it's important, as in this case, and it annoys me greatly. Where's Miss Manners when you need her?]

If you're price is unrealistically high, then you've got to expect recommendations to the contrary. And you can choose to listen to them or ignore them. [although I do concede your point that several posters on this list have no sense of civility whatsoever, and it takes thick skin to post with an optimistic selling price] But if your price is okay, you'll sell the horn if you're patient. If you have no takers after several months, then you may need to listen to the nay-sayers. Whining dealers can just go whine -- they've got no business complaining whatsoever, as the used tuba market is reality, and if they can't accept it, they're in the wrong business! The two "retail" dealers I've most recently been in touch with were surprisingly professional in their responses when they learned I was also considering purchasing a used horn, and not from them. I was quite impressed, and would happily recommend either Dillon Music or Brasswind to any interested tuba shoppers based on this "acid test" of professionalism and character.

[rant mode off]

Steve Inman
Kokomo, IN

Follow Ups: