Re: Re: Re: Re: Best tuners and metronomes

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Lesley McClelland on December 06, 2001 at 23:07:59:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Best tuners and metronomes posted by Metro-tune on December 05, 2001 at 14:42:49:

I agree - Sometimes I "go nuts" and use a tuner and a metronome at the same time - for sclae and interval stuff when I go back to basics. Also to consider - My parents did gove me one of those monster Korgs (I think the DTM-10, or whatever the one that's a tuner/metronome about the size of a paperback book) for christmas my freshman year of sollege - and I hardly ever used it...because it was big, and bulky, and didn't do anything the little metronome didn't, and I was afraid it would disappear if I took a bathroom break ( and I wasn't going to take it with me!!!) and it ate batteries like nothing I had ever seen. Imagine how classy it is for an oboist to show up to a rehearsal, praying that my tuner batteries were still good!
If I were a college student still, I'd rather have the hundred some odd dollars in the form of a music store gift certificate so I could buy music,or recordings, or staff paper, maybe a baton, or whatever other "music incidentals" happen over the course of an education.

So, one one hand, One nifty Korg metronome $180

OR....
a little seiko metronome $25
a couple etudes/solos $80
CDs of said solos $40
a Mollard baton $20
a book of staff paper $5

and $10 for a recorder and a couple chicken shakes

hmmmm.....

Follow Ups: