Re: Decisions...Decisions...Decisions...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David on December 16, 2001 at 08:32:48:

In Reply to: Decisions...Decisions...Decisions... posted by James McNeil on December 15, 2001 at 21:42:10:

Take a look at the other side. What kind of pressure is the director under to have a 1st division performing group? He/she has to satisfy someone else who probably has more influence on his life than you and your problem.

Now, my opinion. Continue playing in band and use the horn you prefer. If the director has a problem, take it over his head. Go to the principal, the superintendent and then the school board if necessary. I have always been in favor of parents having the choice of what instrument the child plays and not that of the director (very cheap horns being the exception here). My example has been this: if the CEO of a large corporation drives a Mercedes, should he/she require all the employees to do the same?

Lastly, don't be a jerk about the whole thing and do your best to not stick it in his/her face. If you or your parents do that, then a win is not a win, but a loss for those in the future.

In a local school, the students got together and decided to enjoy the experience of being with one another in spite of the director and you can do that as well. The whole experience can go only two ways. It can make you "bitter" or it can make you "better". The only difference is "I".

Follow Ups: