Re: Decisions...Decisions...Decisions...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by or maybe... on December 17, 2001 at 19:00:33:

In Reply to: Decisions...Decisions...Decisions... posted by James McNeil on December 15, 2001 at 21:42:10:

Sorry to have to say this, but maybe the director is tired of dealing with some hotshot who has a massive chip on his shoulder. You talk of doing all these cool trips as if they are some kind of entitlement, and in the next breath you say your musicianship isn't (stifled yawn) being sufficiently challenged. What you define as "presenting persuasive arguments" is possibly heard as "whining." I taught enough years to know when a student isn't working because of some issue or another that's got them so terribly bent out of shape...frankly, it's why I don't teach anymore.

Perhaps instead of grousing about this or that, you should throw yourself into the marching band and wind ensemble rehearsals, set an excellent example for the other students, play with gusto, and strive to be in a leadership position in the band. Sounds like you have the talent to be a leader. Now you need the attitude. If you get the attitude, you could probably play a vacuum cleaner hose attached to a Rubbermaid trash can and your director would be DELIGHTED to have you there.

Just my opinion, and there's a million more where that one came from.

Follow Ups: