Re: Re: I GOT A TUBA!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nick on December 19, 2001 at 00:29:58:

In Reply to: Re: I GOT A TUBA!!!!! posted by Lew on December 18, 2001 at 22:48:42:

I bought it form Borodi Music up in South Euclid, Cleveland. This guy is AMAZING. He takes total pieces of junk and turns them into works of art. I saw him take a Conn 20J, it looked like absolute crap, and he took it apart, de dented it, put it back together, and re laquered it. It was the coolest thing iev ever seen. He has about 10 tubas and 12 sousaphones ready to be shipped right now, and he has a stack of about 15 fiberglass and brass sousaphones just waiting to be overhauled, and they all look like peices of junk right now, but by marching time...im sure a lot of high school tuba players will be very happy with their new sousas. Goerge Borodi is a great guy...has a lot of class. When my tuba was shipped, Fed Ex dropped it, putting a dent in it and bent the 1st valve casing. Cleveland is only a 4 hour drive from Cincinnati, so my dad and I drove up yesterday, and he fixed this tuba in 15 mintues while it took the music store Buddy Rogers to do the same thing to a tuba in 4 weeks, and they didnt even do it right the first 3 times i had t take it back. The website is www.borodimusic.com He has a lot of horns on e bay too, under the name of Ravens_Castle, he owns the Horn Depot also. I suggest that you give him a call, you might find the tuba you need. Ill try to have pics up as soon as I can. ~Nick

Follow Ups: