Undergrad Scholarship Offer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Miller on December 19, 2001 at 23:39:28:

Every four years (upon graduation of the current tubist), I get the opportunity to offer a four-year scholarship to a talented incoming freshman here at Western Michigan University.

Here's the deal: The Russell Brown Brass Quintet (named after a former trombone professor at WMU) is composed of talented undergrads who each receive this scholarship. The scholarship is renewed up to four years and becomes available only when someone graduates.

I am pleased to announce that starting in the fall 2002 semester, we will have a tuba opening in the quintet...thus, the tuba scholarship is available! Here's more info for those who are interested:

What - Russell Brown Brass Quintet Scholarship
How much - $5,000 a year for four (4) years (total of $20,000 for 4 years)
Who can get it - one highly talented incoming freshman with a good attitude and desire to make great music along with four other highly talented musicians
How do I get it - Audition (in person) for me at WMU on either Feb. 15 or March 15

For more info, check out the link below and/or drop me a line. Please, do not send me an email from the school's website as I am in Massachusetts for a month and won't be able to respond to you...use the email link from this letter. Thanks!

Follow Ups: