Tuba Guidance Needed

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Harry B on December 21, 2001 at 16:49:55:

I'm looking to purchase a tuba for my son, but I'd like it to be a Christmas surprise. He doesn't have contact with a music educator at this time, so I need to solicit advise elsewhere. Where does one go to find a tuba? Are there specialty stores, such as those for sporting goods, or do I have to order one from "the factory," wherever that may be. I noticed that the Sears wishbook has a trombone, but when I asked my local Sears clerk about a tuba, he first asked me to describe it and then told me they were out of stock at the time. I've tried a couple of music stores, but all I can find is guitars and pianos. Please help!! I know I've probably waited too late to find one by Christmas, but having watched Miracle on 34th Street a bazillion times, I do believe that anything is possible. Besides, I have a goodly amount of dough to put down on this thing ($850-900). Oh -- I've already checked out Customized Music, per the link on this web site. Some nice looking horns, but no prices or shipping info posted. Thanks for your help!!

Follow Ups: