2002 Army Band Tuba-Euphonium Conference

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jack Tilbury on December 26, 2001 at 15:14:20:

Hi,

Jack Tilbury, here. Be sure to mark your calendar for the 19th Annual U.S. Army Band Tuba-Euphonium Conference. The dates are January 23-26, 2002. All events are FREE and open to the public. As usual, we have a great schedule of events planned that I'm sure you won't want to miss. Please pass along this information to anyone you think might be interested. All events are at Ft. Myer, Virginia, which is located across the Potomac river from Washington, DC in Arlington, Virginia. Ft. Myer is serviced by Washington Reagan National, Dulles International and Baltimore-Washington International Airports.

The closest place to stay is the Arlington Days Inn. It is located across from Ft. Myer at the intersection of U.S. Highway 50 and Pershing Drive. Their phone number is 703-525-0300. Call them directly and they should give you a break on the rates. Don't call the 800 number.

Because of the events of September 11, security at Ft. Myer will be tighter than it has been in the past. If you attended last year's Conference you may have experienced some of these procedures on Thursday morning during the Conference. Anyone entering Ft. Myer will need a photo I.D. If you drive a car onto Ft. Myer it will be subject to search. Please allow extra time to go through the gates. For those staying at the Days Inn, we plan to have shuttle buses available to take you to Ft. Myer. You will still need a photo I.D. The Rt. 50 Gate to Ft. Myer will be closed, so you will need to either drive to Conference events or take the shuttle buses. We apologize for any inconvenience, but under the circumstances, I'm sure you'll understand.

I have listed a tentative program of events below. We hope to see you that this year's Conference!

Jack

Wednesday, January 23
7:00 p.m. Brass Quintet-Chamber Music Clinic
7:30 p.m. Opening Concert: The U.S. Army Brass Quintet, The U.S. Airforce Band of the Rockies Brass Quintet and The U.S. Coast Guard Tuba-Euphonium Quartet

Thursday, January 24
2:00 p.m. Tuba-Euphonium Recital
7:30 p.m. Jazz Night: Sam Pilafian and the A La Carte Brass

Friday, January 25
11:00 a.m. Tuba-Euphonium Recital
1:00 p.m. College Tuba-Euphonium Ensembles
12:00 Noon Exhibits Open
3:00 p.m. Arranging for Tuba Ensemble clinic with Mike Forbes and the Soto Voce Quartet
7:30 p.m. The Armed Forces Tuba-Euphonium Ensemble, John Stevens, conductor & The U.S. Army Orchestra with soloists, David Brown, Dan Vinson and David Zerkel

Saturday, January 26
9:00 a.m. Exhibits Open
9:00 a.m. College Teacher Recital: Gaile Robertson, Joe Skillen and Ross Walter
10:30 a.m. Clinic Featuring Bob and David Childs
1:00 p.m. Celluloid Tubas conducted by Todd Fiegle
2:00 p.m. Toby Hanks Masterclass
3:00 p.m. Open Reading Session (bring your horn!)
7:30 p.m. Grand Concert featuring The US Army Band, Col. Gary Lamb, conductor with soloists Neal Corwell, Roland Szentpali, and Bob & David Childs.

Follow Ups: