Injured Amati Eb Helicon for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kevin on December 31, 2001 at 00:23:31:

During the summer, I purchased a recent manufacture Amati rotor valve helicon on eBay. The seller told me that it was a BBb, however I have since found out that it is an Eb. The seller chose to ship the horn FedEx from Bulgaria in a plastic bag, which FedEx was only too happy to do. The horn sustained a number of dents to the outer bow, the lead pipe and the keys took at least one decent hit. The valves are free and undamaged. The damage to the lead pipe has been repaired, but Osmun Brass estimates that the horn requires $300 worth of work to the keys to be playable. At present, the brace that the keys attach to hangs loose from the horn, as it was removed by Osmun to verify that the valves were free and undamaged.

I have very little interest in this horn now that I know it is not a BBb horn. I have a bit over $800 into this horn and would like to recover that investment AND find the horn a good home, as it is a beautiful horn. This horn is very light, but appears to be too big to ship UPS or USPS when properly packaged. I will only ship to the Continental US, so that leaves Amtrak or a common carrier for shipping. Please contact me by email if you are interested. Photos are available on request.

Kevin

Follow Ups: