Re: Kansas City Repairmen

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joseph Felton on December 03, 2002 at 23:51:14:

In Reply to: Kansas City Repairmen posted by in need on December 03, 2002 at 19:18:59:

Heritage Music Repair has very nice facilities and a very capable repairman. They have the equipment to be able to do lots of more specialized things such as applying baked on laquer, or giving it one of those ultrasonic cleanings. I've seen Bryan do nice work on a friends horn and I've been satisfied with the little I've had him do. Call (816)531-5779 and talk to Bryan. While you are there have him give you a tour and show you his handiwork.

If you don't mind driving a bit you might also check out St. Louis Woodwind & Brass Instrument Repair, Inc. in Florissant, MO. The number is (314)921-0012. I forget the name of their brass guy but he's a real artist and has been at it a long time. Great attention to detail and reasonable prices. The bell on my PT-15 was crushed by baggage handlers and he took one look at it.. said something along the lines of, 'that's not a big deal' and proceeded to make the process of making it look like new look very easy. I don't remember them having quite the facilities of the shop here in KC but how often do you need to reapply laquer anyhow?

If you are looking to have something done that involves buying Rudy specific replacement parts ask about that specifically first. In my experience unless the shop has a tuba centric owner they don't have a clue how to get parts for anything except maybe Miraphone or Yamaha. If that becomes a roadblock I would just take my horn to Kevin Powers in Michigan or Matt Walters at Dillon.

Drop me an email if you would like to talk shop or play a few duets.

good luck,
joseph

Follow Ups: