Matteson-Phillips Tubajazz Consort CD

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian Frederiksen on December 07, 2002 at 15:37:26:

Excuse me for a blatant commercial message but . . .

The Matteson-Phillips Tubajazz Consort - Superhorns CD is now available - jazz tuba at it’s finest!!

This is a re-release of material recorded from the group that existed from 1976-1994, featuring RICH MATTESON, HARVEY PHILLIPS, ASHLEY ALEXANDER, BUDDY BAKER, DANIEL PERANTONI, WINSTON MORRIS, and others perfoming SPOOFY, LUCKY SOUTHERN, OLEO, LITTLE OLE SOFTY, STOMPIN' AT THE SAVOY, GREGORY IS HERE, SUMMERTIME, NOREEN'S NOCTURNE, GEORGIA ON MY MIND, THINGS AIN'T WHAT THEY USED TO BE, WALTZING MATILDA, (TOTAL TIME: 72:16 ). It is co-produced by the Harvey Phillips Foundation and Richmond A. Matteson Legacy Productions.

For those of you who will be performing TubaChristmas in a city with Harvey Phillips, they will be selling these at the registration table. Since they are on the road until Christmas, they sent me a few cases which is now available on my website, www.windsongpress.com . Here is bios of the performers, complete contents and 30 second sound bytes of every cut on the CD. This recording is incredible!

I heard the MPTJC many times and owned the LP but listening to it again after all these years is a treat. Harvey deserves a lot of credit for the re-release. Of course we should thank Buddy Baker, Dan Perantoni, Winston Morris and the fine rhythm section. Where ever Rich Matteson and Ashley Alexander are, you sound great and we miss you!

Follow Ups: